How to Make Your Pool More Sustainable
- por Alvaro
Feb 27, 2023
Enjoying a pool is one of the greatest pleasures of summer, but it can also have a negative impact on the environment. From water evaporation to the use of chemicals, pools can be a source of waste and pollution. Fortunately, there are several ways to make your pool more sustainable. Here are some tips to help you achieve that.
- Use a pool cover: A pool cover can help reduce water evaporation and the use of chemicals. Additionally, it can also help maintain the water temperature, which could reduce the need to heat the pool. A pool cover can also help prevent dirt and debris from falling into the pool, meaning you’ll need fewer chemicals to keep it clean.
- Install a water recycling system: A water recycling system can help reduce the use of fresh water in your pool. The water is filtered and treated to make it usable again in the pool. This not only saves water but also reduces the amount of chemicals needed to treat fresh water.
- Use natural chemicals: Instead of using harsh chemicals to maintain water quality, use natural chemicals. There are many products on the market that can help maintain water quality without harming the environment. Look for products certified as safe for the environment and containing no toxic ingredients.
- Use an efficient pool pump: An efficient pool pump can help reduce energy consumption and save money on your electricity bill. Make sure to choose a pump with ENERGY STAR certification to ensure you get the best possible energy performance.
- Install solar panels: If you want to heat your pool, consider installing solar panels on the roof of your home. Solar energy is a clean and renewable energy source that could help reduce your carbon footprint. Solar panels can also save you money on your electricity bill in the long run.
- Use sustainable materials: When building or renovating your pool, choose sustainable materials such as FSC-certified wood or permeable concrete that allows rainwater to seep into the ground rather than flow into the street. This can help reduce the long-term environmental impact of your pool.
By following these tips, you can make your pool more sustainable and reduce its impact on the environment. Additionally, many of these tips can also save you money in the long run.